Advanced Manufacturing in the TVA Region
The TVA region offers many advantages to advanced manufacturing industries. These include:
A strong existing industry presence
Research and development capabilities through institutions such as Oak Ridge National Laboratory, NASA, Arnold Engineering, Redstone Arsenal, and Marshall Flight Center
World-class power reliability
Industry sectors include aviation, aerospace, defense, chemical, metals manufacturing and processing, and foreign direct investment.
Competitive rates, world-class reliability, and expanding capacity are just some of the region’s advantages for advanced manufacturing.
TVA’s diverse generation mix, which includes renewable resources and hydroelectric power, consistently provides competitive industrial rates.
The region’s transportation network of 11 interstate highways, eight major railways, 12 commercial airports, and multiple options for airfreight provide one-day access to the majority of the major population centers in the Midwest and Northeast.
TVA is one of the nation’s largest and most reliable power companies, with 99.999 percent transmission reliability since 2000.
TVA serves as the transmission system reliability coordinator for neighboring utilities covering parts of 11 states.
Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant Unit 1 was the first commercial reactor to go online in the U.S. this century; another unit is under construction at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant.
1) Triumph Group – Nashville, TN
2) Fort Campbell – Clarksville-Hopkinsville, TN-KY MSA
3) Memphis International Airport/FedEX HQ – Memphis, TN
4) United Technologies Corporation – Collierville, TN
5) ATK – Iuka, MS
6) ATK – Huntsville, AL
7) Marshall Space Flight Center/Redstone Arsenal – Huntsville, AL
8) Pratt & Whitney – Madison, AL
9) Airbus Helicopters – Columbus, MS
10) Aurora Flight Sciences – Columbus, MS
11) Israel Aerospace Industries (Stark Aerospace) – Columbus, MS
12) BAE Systems – Cordova, AL
13) BAE Systems – Anniston, AL
14) Eaton Aerospace – Jackson, MS
15) Lockheed Martin – Meridian, MS